Release ManagementJune 24, 2012
WithinCompliance’s release management approach and methodology is adaptive, based on project size, complexity, delivery risk, required skills, client involvement, start/finish criteria, and clients’ current methodologies.
While WithinCompliance baselines methodology practices from industry accepted methodology frameworks such as the Project Management Institute (PMBOK) for general project practice, Rational Unified Processes (RUP) for software development, and Capability Maturity Model® Integration (CMMI) from the Software Engineering Institute (SEI) for process measurement and improvement, we diligently work to retain independence and remain “methodology agnostic.” This permits us to optimize processes and standards and select the best tool for each project. We focus on deploying an analytical approach which adopts solid initiation and planning practices based on sound and agreed upon business requirements.
The approach withincompliance employs for any project is to offer effective solutions, utilizing trained, experienced, and task-driven project managers/team members who follow project management principles, such as:
- Clearly defined and feasible project goals and objectives
- Mutually established levels of responsibility/authority
- Defined and published organizational structure
- Active business senior management involvement
- Defined communications practices and patterns (who, what, when, how, frequency)
- Issue/problem handling including continuous risk assessment
evaluation and mitigation
- Development of feasible, effective and timely work breakdown schedules
- Periodic and objective project, business and technical status
- Project cost reporting
- Continuous project monitoring
Withincompliance’s approach to project management makes it possible to advocate for and apply best practices, augmenting any methodology/project lifecycle practices a client is actively using.
These basic and accepted project management practices, adjusted to meet the needs of each client, have proven to be the cornerstone of our success in previous projects, and represent the basis for building long termrelationships and understanding of our clients’ businesses.